Title: Living in a network-centric world
Main objective: Upon completion of this module, students will be able to identify the role of networks in our daily lives.
Class type: students (17-18)
Aim: understanding the increasing role data networks play in the way hymans communicate with each other.
Time: Max 3 minutes per answer
Material: Computer with access to Internet / Headphones
- Teacher tells students they will record the answer of a list of questions using Podomatic.
- Student signs up to Podomatic.
- Student creates a blog in Blogger.
- Teacher shows participants how to record using Podomatic.
- Teacher shows how to write a reply to a Podomatic audio.
- Teacher shows how to create an About me page in Blogger.
- Teacher shows how to embed audio files in Blogger.
- Teacher describes the questions to the students: how do networks impact our daily lives? What is the role of data networking in the human network?
- Student records his/her answer in English
- Student embeds podcasts in his/her blog.
- Student chooses a classmate and listens to his/her recording and write comments or questions in their classmate´s blog.
- Teacher creates an account in Bloglines to add students´URLs and visit this site to receive updates. He/She can also embed the Bloglines code or URL to add it to the blog sidebar. This will allow everybody to check for updates.
- Teacher evaluates them using a rubric.
- Each student chooses one recorded answer and evaluates himself/herself using a rubric.